SCADA Evolves as Engine for Business
The worldwide SCADA market reflects the impact of new technology on SCADA components and cost-effective communications for both data and knowledge transfer. Today’s SCADA systems are easier to integrate and provide improved capabilities and functionalities.
End users are utilizing SCADA technology to help improve operations and link operations to business processes for a variety of purposes, including business performance management and leveraging investments in existing assets and systems to optimize capital expenditures.
Many factors are driving the worldwide SCADA market in the oil & gas industry. These include the continuing worldwide demand for additional energy from carbon-based fuels, the shifting of exploration and production locations to more remote and hostile environments, and end user requirements to link SCADA to information technology and business systems.
Operating companies are placing an increasing emphasis on vendor services over the entire value chain and asset lifecycle and are looking for additional functionalities in application software. These factors present new opportunities for additional players to enter the market and for the formation of new vendor alliances.
In addition to providing our clients with a quantitative assessment of the SCADA marketplace, this report explores in depth the key issues that will impact this business in the near future. These issues include:
- Strategic issues facing global versus regional SCADA suppliers
- Approaches to integrating SCADA with operational and higher level business or enterprise systems
- Hardware and software trends
- Impact of software and services on the SCADA business and how to successfully deliver or utilize these services, as appropriate
- Key elements for success in the SCADA business