Process Industries: Understanding All the Influeces
Market data in this market research study is for industrial automation products shipped to the process industries. In this study, total revenues are comprised of revenues generated by automation product suppliers. The study includes only those products on which ARC does primary research and are available through ARC’s Market Intelligence and Rapid Analysis (MIRA) service.
Worldwide shipments of automation products including services for the process industries for year 2011 experienced healthy growth in both established and emerging economies. 2010-2011 was a period of extraordinary growth; hence, we do not expect the same growth level to continue in the coming years.
Several suppliers are already reporting a decline in incoming orders. The financial unrest that characterized the end of 2011 continued in 2012, resulting in a higher degree of uncertainty in short-term expectations. The European debt crisis continues to be the biggest threat to global economic recovery. The slowdown in China and India further increases the risks. Due to the numerous risks still present, many vendors are wondering where and how much to invest in their manufacturing capacity and after-market service capabilities.
Key questions answered in the study include:
- How large is the market potential for various automation products?
- Who are the leading suppliers?
- What regions contain the largest markets?
- What are the strategic issues facing the suppliers?
- What business potential does each major process industry offer, and which industries will offer the greatest growth opportunities?