Schneider Electric has announced the release of the latest version of its EcoStruxure Power SCADA Operation (PSO). Designed to provide additional real-time monitoring and control features for a more enhanced system, this newest addition to the EcoStruxure Power edge control portfolio is specified to keep more demanding operations running with increased levels of speed and situational awareness.
Power SCADA Operation (PSO) is an element within the EcoStruxure Power platform, part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture. This latest edition of PSO augments its control offers and is a platform within a connected and integrated power distribution network.
EcoStruxure Power SCADA Operation helps to reveal risks and opportunities, extend network and diagnostic support, and add new control capabilities:
- Higher-availability control & alarming: Uses redundant software (PSO) and hardware (M580 field automation controller) featuring PLC time-stamped event capture.
- Breaker Performance Module: Detects when protection settings have been changed. Analyze circuit breaker aging to help enable proactive maintenance.
- Continuous Thermal Monitoring: Helps to avoid electrical fires using wireless busbar temperature sensors.
- Energy Analysis Module: Model and forecast energy usage, quantify savings, better meet ISO50001 requirements, and track energy performance indicators per ISO50006.
- Multi-Site Support: Enable roll-based access to one or more sites with full time zone support.
- Cybersecurity: Windows active directory, McAfee whitelisting, and security best practices.
- Latest ‘Edge Control’ software addition to IoT-enabled EcoStruxure Power architecture: Designed to reveal additional power-related hidden risks and opportunities.
- Provides the capabilities of a SCADA system: Uniquely designed for power management applications.