COVID-19 is impacting the lives of people globally as well as in India. The Indian Government has taken measures for safety to minimize the incidence of infection. Siemens India has committed Rs.20 crore ($2.65 million) towards the following:
- Providing critical medical care equipment such as Ventilators & Analyzers to several healthcare facilities across India
- 40,000 PCR test kits to be delivered to the Indian Council of Medical Research
- Setting up a test lab at the National Cancer Institute in Jhajjar, Haryana, which is converting an 800-bed hospital into a COVID-19 critical care center
- Creation of Isolation Units at select Siemens’ facilities
- Support to migrant and temporary workers
Siemens Project and Service engineers across all Group Companies are working round the clock to ensure that essential equipment in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, power plants, transmission & distribution systems, critical metro & rail equipment systems, and manufacturing facilities of essential goods are kept functioning and operational.
Keywords: Siemens India, COVID-19, ARC Advisory Group