This guide will help organizations select the best analytics and business intelligence software for their business requirements.
Analytics and Business Intelligence Selection Overview
Many industrial organizations are data rich, yet insight poor. Although they collect data on operational and business processes, they lack the people, processes, and technology needed to turn that data into valuable management information. Selecting appropriate tools can help to address this issue. This publication contains guidance, functional descriptions, user practices, specific selection criteria, and supplier profiles to help team members find common ground with lower risk and faster time to benefit.
Adoption is driven by two main pressures. Although business intelligence technologies have existed for decades, innovation is rife. First, users are often unable to find information in a timely way. Second, there is an increasing demand for management information. Coupled to this, analytics and business intelligence software and tools are evolving rapidly – despite the fundamental concepts and technologies being decades old. For example, Software-as-a-Service, cloud technologis, and the increased use of mobile devices all have a key role to play in providing cost effective analytics solu-tions.
Analytics and Business Intelligence Selection Strategic Issues
Timely management information is critical for the effective operation of both operational and business processes. The selection guide helps answer key questions, such as:
- What drives analytics and business intelligence adoption?
- What are the four categories of analytics and business intelligence tools?
- What are the trends and growth factors for cloud-based and mobile solutions?
- What non-technology factors are critical for success?
Table of Contents
- Market Segmentation
- End User Trends
- Market Trends
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Success
Partial List of Selection Criteria Topics
- Business Goals
- System Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Industry
- Market Shares by Software and Services
- Market Shares by Type of Deployment
- Market Shares by Maturity Phase
- Market Shares by Data Type
- Market Shares by Customer Tier
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.