This comprehensive solution guide can simplify the technology selection process for implementing energy management solutions.
Effective energy management is a holistic concept encompassing everything from sensors (metering) and actuators (motors) to the MES and ERP software layer. Organizational issues also come into play.
While often seen as a complicated topic, hindering adoption, it can be relatively simple for organizations to start implementing energy management.
One of the key learnings is that technology is an enabler for energy management, but not an end in itself. For users, the key challenge is often organizational, this means that employees need to be motivated, business processes adopted, responsible persons identified, and wage structure and incentives adjusted.
On the technology side, around 500 different companies offer energy management- related products. Some are experienced and can accompany you along all steps, from investigating to enterprise wide energy management systems. Other specialize in a certain aspect of energy management and offer open and standardized interfaces to connect with other layers of automation.
If you’re thinking about implementing energy management or enlarging your current system, this comprehensive solution guide can simplify the technology selection process. The guide is based on years of research, extensive surveys, and interviews with global experts.
Energy Management System Selection Strategic Issues
Many industrial organizations face similar problems when it comes to energy management. This report addresses the most common challenges, including:
- Identifying and establishing appropriate benchmarks and KPIs
- Identifying appropriate selection criteria
- Capturing plant and industry knowledge
- Collaborating with OEMs
- Identifying scalable and open technologies
- Identifying and benchmarking against current strategies in energy management
- Setting the right targets
- Implementation organizational changes
Energy Management System Selection Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Challenges and Solutions
- Markt Players and Competencies
Energy Management Adoption
- Total Shipments of Energy Management Systems
- Available Technologies
- Energy Management as a Holistic Framework
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Success
Strategies to Implement Energy Management
- Search for Adequate Benchmark and KPIs
- Capturing Plant and Industry Knowledge
- Collaborate with your OEMs
- Use Scalable and Open Technology
- Benchmarking: Current Strategies in Energy Management
- Setting the Right Target
- Organizational Implementation
- Survey Results
- Competence Matrix
- Wave and Experience of Players
Technology and Supplier Selection Criteria
- Criteria Analysis
- Fact-based Selection Process
- Consider Best Practices by Suppliers
- Selection Process Tools Available
- Criteria List
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Leading Suppliers
- Tier Two Suppliers
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.