This guide is designed to help organizations make informed choices when selecting industrial Ethernet devices.
Industrial Ethernet devices play a pivotal role in the connectivity-enabled business improvement strategies of the future. This is particularly true in the case of both the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 (I4.0), each of which relies heavily on integration of field and asset data with enterprise-level business improvement applications; many of which are resident in the Cloud.
Escalating use in these and other segments continues to drive new product configurations, new supplier entries, and overall expansion beyond the traditional industrial base.
Potential Industrial Ethernet device buyers need a sound roadmap to guide them through the maze of new configuration options.
Extracted from ARC’s most recent industrial Ethernet devices market update, and drawing on our years of industrial Ethernet market coverage, this guide will reduce your RFP development time and provide a sound foundation for expediting your product and supplier selection process.
The profile definition for an industrial Ethernet switch has the potential to evolve drastically over the coming years. This selection guide highlights key issues, such as:
- How best to evaluate both hardware and suppliers for support of your application and industry requirements?
- What tools and standards are available to address industrial security concerns?
- How will emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things, Industrie 4.0, and IT/OT convergence impact selection choices?
- Who are the leading suppliers and innovators by industry and application?
- Which suppliers have been acquired by who, and for what purpose?
Download Brochure: Industrial Ethernet Devices
Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Adoption
Technology and Supplier Selection Criteria
- Key Criteria Analysis
- Fact-based Selection Process
- Consider Best Practices by Suppliers
- Selection Process Tools Available
- Selection Criteria Table
Market Shares Analysis
- Market Shares by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Market Shares by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Building Automation
- Electronics & Electrical
- Electric Power Generation - Fossil
- Electric Power Generation - Renewable
- Electric Power Transmission & Distribution
- Food & Beverage
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Mining & Metals
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech
- Water & Wastewater
Profiles for the major industrial Ethernet switch suppliers serving this market are included. Each profile concisely reviews the company’s business, products, and services as it applies to industrial Ethernet switches.
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.