This Selection Guide is designed to help automotive, aerospace, and other companies with discrete manufacturing operations to evaluate and select the best possible Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solution to meet their specific needs.
The guide contains guidance, specific selection criteria, adoption factors, and supplier profiles to help make more insightful decisions and addresses today’s manufacturing requirements. Succeeding in today’s global competitive climate requires innovation and operational excellence. Companies are looking for ways to improve productivity and manage complex products and processes quickly and efficiently.
While companies integrate new intelligent devices into products and data from the Industrial IoT continues to grow, manufacturers are faced with many challenges, including increasing operational efficiency, managing quality, reducing downtime and costs, meeting compliance regulations, and improving visibility.
The MES market is diverse, with each industry having its own distinct applications and suppliers. Modern MES applications provide new, smarter and intuitive tools including industrial analytics that improve time to value. MES software can capture and incorporate manufacturing and business “big data” and turn it into actionable intelligence using analytics, digital dashboards, and other tools that adapt to changing demand and conditions. Applications included in MES range from manufacturing and operations intelligence, workflow management, traceability, short term planning and scheduling, material tracking and more.
The selection guide explores objectives, technical selection criteria, and applications with information about best practices, in-depth market analysis, trends, supplier industry segments and geographic region. The guide also provides insightful analysis of key technologies and issues. The guide can help answer key questions such as:
- What are some of the key MES technologies that users are implementing?
- What new technologies are important?
- What MES features and functions should be considered when comparing and evaluating suppliers?
- Which industries and regions are top suppliers offering opportunities?
- What are some of the key technologies and best practices that users are implementing?
- How will new technologies improve MES now and in the future?
Download Brochure: Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete
Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
- Factors Contributing to MES Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting MES Adoption
- Strategies for Success
- Business Goals
- System Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Functional Category
- Market Shares by Industry
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.