Vice President Enterprise Software
Ralph's focus areas include asset performance management (APM), enterprise asset management (EAM), field service management (FSM), and global service providers (GSP).
Ralph’s focus involves Asset Performance Management including Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Field Service Management (FSM) and the impact of Industrial IoT (IIoT). He also researches and advises Global Service Providers. Ralph is an advocate of continuous improvement programs (Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma). He has written well over a hundred reports. Below is a brief overview of his areas:
Asset Performance Management (APM): Ralph authored several thought-leading reports on APM including APM 2.0 with Industrial IoT. He has presented and facilitated workshops on this topic including strategies for both equipment providers and end users.
EAM and FSM: Ralph’s reports include the Best Practices for Maintenance Management global user survey, and the Enterprise Asset Management and Field Service Management Global Market Research Studies. Ralph also developed the STAR application selection guide for EAM applications.
Global Service Providers (GSP): Ralph developed the GSP selection guide that includes both selection criteria and guided workflow steps for choosing a services provider. The criteria extend from corporate IT to manufacturing IT and include communications with control systems. He has also written several reports involving GSPs and their customer successes.
Continuous Improvement Programs: Ralph's surveys provide best practice benchmarks for managing a Lean Manufacturing program. Ralph is a Six Sigma Black Belt and has been involved with Six Sigma since its beginnings at Motorola in the early 1980’s, and the roll-out at GE in the late 1990s. His research and work experiences provide a deep perspective for the management of continuous improvement programs.
Ralph has over 40 years experience associated with industrial applications. This and his research at ARC provide an intimate understanding of the issues among manufacturers. Ralph has been with ARC Advisory Group since 2000. Before joining ARC, his roles include marketing and product management for suppliers, as well as engineering-in-manufacturing functions for end-users. Ralph was with General Electric, Intellution/Emerson, Digital Equipment Corp., Motorola, and Texas Instruments.
Video at ARC Forum in February 2018:
- Asset Performance Management with IIoT Improves Uptime and Revenue 6 minute interview
- Presentation: How OEMs Improve Revenue and Customer Satisfaction with IIoT 18 minutes
- Presentation: Field Service Management Emerging Technologies 20 minutes
Video at ARC Forum in February 2017:
- How IIoT & Analytics Improve Asset Performance Management 6 minute interview
- Presentation: Improved Asset Management with Industrial IoT, PdM & EAM 16 minutes
Videos at ARC Forum in February 2016:
- EAM and FSM Introduction and Benefits of IIoT 10 minutes
- Presentation: Moving to Higher APM with Industrial IoT 10 minutes
- Presentation: The Intersection of Enterprise Asset Management and Industrial IoT 8 minutes
- Presentation: Service Performance Management by OEMS with Industrial IoT 9 minutes