New ARC Advisory Group research on the Operational Historians-Data Platforms market reveals the operational time-series Historian/industrial data platform is changing, and its market continues to increase. With the pandemic, remote connected worker and digital transformation, and the introduction of new smart technologies and connected devices, ARC is seeing a huge growth in data volume and data types led by data from the increasing Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) investments and a high-end user demand for data. In today’s digital world where manufacturing requires optimization, there is one thing for certain: data accessibility and speed of access are driving manufacturing performance across the enterprise. Data is strategic to manufacturing. New data storage platforms that are more secure and enable connectivity and enterprise-wide data access are fundamental in today’s data driven manufacturing world.
"2020 will go down as the year of the pandemic and the shift toward remote connected workers. Industrial companies had to enable remote connected workers with the ability to access data and information so that remote workers were able to make data-driven decisions quickly from home," according to Janice Abel, Principal Consultant ,and key author of ARC's Operational Historians-Data Platforms Market Research Report.
Top 5 Operational Historians-Data Platforms Technology Trends
Following are the top five technology trends for operational historians-data platforms:
- The need to make better and faster decisions from an increasing volume of data and collaborate across the enterprise was accelerated by the pandemic, as was the increased need for remote connected workers to access industrial data.
- Cloud-ready industrial data and IoT data platforms with multi-cloud, hybrid, edge and on- premise capabilities with seamless integration of data sources.
- Newer enterprise-wide data architectures and platforms with data management and governance with low code/no code configuration
- Newer data management tools with auto features for automatic integration and recognition, data synchronization, ease of use, auto scaling, maintenance and updates, security, and enabling more autonomous data operations.
- Microservices and containers becoming more important to the Operational Historian market with the movement away from traditional monolithic Historian to containers with microservices.
Leading Suppliers to the Operational Historian-Data Platform Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offering. In alphabetical order, these include ABB, Aspen Technology, Emerson Automation Solutions, OSIsoft, and Yokogawa.
About the Operational Historians-Data Platforms Research
This ARC research explores current and historical market performance and related technology and business trends, identifies leading technology suppliers, and provides five-year global forecasts for the operational historians-data platforms market. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts by region, industry, and product categories.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include a:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel) –Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel) - personalized spreadsheet includes up to five years of historical data in addition to the current base year market data and five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF) – This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.