According to ARC Advisory Group’s new report, the market for Operational Time-series Historian/Industrial Data Platforms is changing and continues to increase. The pandemic was an accelerator for the remote connected worker and digital transformation, and this drives the need for massive amounts of data and data types in today’s digital world, where manufacturing requires the optimization of data accessibility, ease of use, and speed of access, which are driving manufacturing performance across the enterprise. Data is strategic to manufacturing and operations. New data storage platforms that are more secure and enable connectivity and enterprise-wide data access such as cloud, edge, data hubs, and data lakes are fundamental in today’s data-driven manufacturing world.
"2021 is a year of recovery and pent-up demand from the pandemic and it increased the need for operational historians, enterprise historians, and new data platforms. The shift toward connected and collaborative workers continued into 2021. Industrial companies continue to enable remote connected workers with the ability to access data and enable faster and better data-driven decisions. Newer technologies like digital thread, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality, video, imagery, wearables, Industrial IoT sensors, new architecture and platforms, and edge, the cloud, and data lakes are enabling enterprise-wide operational historians and data platforms," according to Janice Abel, Principal Analyst and key author of ARC's Operational Historians/Data Platforms Market Research Report.
Operational Historians/Data Platforms Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Open-Source Data Tools and Databases Increase Structured and Unstructured Data
- Data Management Auto Tools
- Newer Data Platform Standards and Data Movement
- Enterprise-wide Operational Historian/Data Platform Data Cultural Shift
- Remote Connected Workers Increase Need for Data
- Supply Chain and Raw Material Constraints
- Post Pandemic Accelerated Digital Transformation
Leading Suppliers to the Operational Historians/Data Platforms Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Aspen Technology, AVEVA, Cognite, Honeywell, and Yokogawa.
About the Operational Historians/Data Platforms Research
The Operational Historians/Data Platforms report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 1 year of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Customer Tier, Service Revenues by Type, Deployment Model, World Region Total, Standalone vs. Embedded Delivery.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 1 year of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.