ARC Advisory Group’s recent research reveals that the worldwide market for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems for water & wastewater applications is expanding as new water infrastructure is constructed in emerging markets and newly developed regions. The existing water & wastewater monitoring and control infrastructure is also being upgraded to improve core business process efficiency. With the increasing demand for efficiency at water utilities, the importance of high-performance SCADA technology has grown. Leading suppliers are continuously upgrading their SCADA systems with intelligent software platforms that can deal with various requirements like on-premises, on the edge, and the cloud.
"Cloud-based SCADA will be a significant driver for future market growth. The resulting IT savings, inherent redundancy, increased up-time, and other obvious benefits make SCADA in the Cloud very attractive, particularly since control itself is pushed to the edge and the need for real-time control from the host system is minimal. The convergence of information technology (IT) and SCADA technology drives SCADA to become a more integrated part of overall operations. Technology drivers such as the proliferation of industrial Ethernet networks, wireless mobile applications, and wireless networks for plants are fast tracking the trend of tying SCADA to other business systems, such as performance software, electronic work instructions, GIS, asset management, CMMS, SOP, and hydraulic modeling software," according to Vidya Prasad, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's SCADA Systems for Water and Wastewater Market Research.
SCADA Systems for Water and Wastewater Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the research also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Convergence of Information Technology (IT) and SCADA Technology Drives SCADA to Become a More Integrated Part of Overall Operations
- SCADA Solutions Are Becoming More and More Affordable
Leading Suppliers to the SCADA Systems for Water and Wastewater Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, AVEVA, General Electric, Mitsubishi Electric, Siemens.
About the SCADA Systems for Water and Wastewater Research
The SCADA Systems for Water and Wastewater research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts. The research segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Service Revenues by Type, Project Type, Software Revenues by Type, Hardware Revenues by Type, Project Size, Overall Scope, Platform Software by Deployment Model, Application Software by Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.