ARC Advisory Group’s recent research on the Industrial Ethernet Switches (IES) market reveals that there is significant transition as growth slows in the near term, while both the hardware and software aspects continue to evolve. Sustainability and electrification initiatives, government investment, and the ongoing digital transformation of industries are primary drivers behind the ongoing escalation in the need for secure, reliable connectivity. Centralized management, security, reduced operational complexity, ability to meet industry and use case requirements, and the impact of pending technologies such as TSN, SPE, and APL are top of mind in the industry today.
"The Industrial Ethernet Switches market is emerging from the impact of supply chain disruptions and component scarcity that plagued industry in general over the past several years. The prospective impact of emerging network developments, such as TSN and SPE, remains constrained due to lengthening implementation timelines and continued barriers to standardization that offset the potential for true interoperability. The spectrum of IES functionality continues to broaden, with managed switches becoming more software-intensive while unmanaged switches take on incremental functionality in areas such as increasing bandwidth, PoE options, higher port densities, and incremental media types, including SPE. These trends are occurring against a landscape characterized by the ongoing push for more bandwidth, increased port densities, and edge processing capabilities within smaller and smaller form factors," according to Chantal Polsonetti, Vice President and key author of ARC's Industrial Ethernet Switches Market Research.
Industrial Ethernet Switches Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Application software focused on management, visibility, security, and edge functionality
- Industrial form factors approaching functional plateaus
- Port configuration options continue to expand
- Portfolio refreshes in the form of both new operating systems and software offerings
- Rising importance of software at both management layer and within the switch itself
- Security has migrated from an inhibitor to a necessity
- SPE and APL impact delayed by adoption timelines, high initial costs, differing ecosystems
- The diminishing TSN value proposition
Leading Suppliers to the Industrial Ethernet Switches Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Belden, Cisco, Moxa, Phoenix Contact, Siemens.
About the Industrial Ethernet Switches Research
The Industrial Ethernet Switches research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and four years of historical analysis. The research segmentation includes Overall Scope, World Region, Industry, Revenue Category, Hardware by Switch Type, Hardware by Architectural Tier, Managed Switches by Layer 3 Support, Managed Switches by IEEE 802 TSN Capable, Hardware Revenues by Form Factor, Hardware Revenues by Number of Ports per Device, Managed and Lightly Managed by IEEE 802.1x Support, Hardware by Environmental Rating, Managed and Lightly Managed by Edge Integration, Managed and Lightly Managed by Edge Computing Use, Sales Channel, Customer Type, Ports by Media Type, Ethernet Ports by Highest Speed, Ethernet Ports by PoE Standard Supported.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.