ARC’s latest report on the market for I/O modules in the process industries shows that the market is benefiting from a long-term modernization trend. I/O modules used in the process industries are an integral part of distributed control systems (DCSs), which are used invariably in every major process manufacturing application. The most recent DCS systems have evolved along with technological advancements, and more DCS users are thinking about updating and upgrading their systems to improve performance.
"Modernizing, updating, or enhancing operations by incorporating digital technology into all sectors of the organization is what is meant by digital transformation. Any producer must undergo a systemic shift, which is why a contemporary DCS may serve as a foundation for this transition. Higher performance, site-wide availability, scalable system capabilities, the open technology stack, and the simplicity of integration are just a few of the benefits of the contemporary DCS system. Process control, discrete control, power control, and safety control may be seamlessly integrated with plant-floor and business systems utilizing a plant-wide control system that uses common automation technology," according to Siddhartha Maiti, Market Analyst and key author of ARC's I/O Modules for Process Automation Market Research Report.
I/O Modules for Process Automation Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Decentralization or Even More IO Distribution
- Better Selling Arguments with Modern IO Features
- Universal IO: A Model for Future Process IO Modules
- Software Configurable Process IO Modules
- Condition Monitoring
- Moving to the Edge
- Cloud Computing
- Integration of OEM Services with Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Convergence of IT and OT
- Industrial 5G
- Increased Investment in Digital Twins, AI and IoT
Leading Suppliers to the I/O Modules for Process Automation Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, Emerson Automation
About the I/O Modules for Process Automation Research
The I/O Modules for Process Automation report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Type, Form Factor, Environment, Digital Modules by # of Channels, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.