New ARC Advisory Group research on Proximity Sensors reveals that the market dipped in 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis and is limping back to recovery. However, there is growth potential due to the rising demand for connected devices and digitalization. Sensors with built-in intelligence help reduce machine downtime through remote diagnostics and optimize productivity and reliability. ARC’s Proximity Sensors report provides a detailed analysis of proximity sensor technologies, such as inductive, capacitive, and ultrasonic, which are used across a wide range of industries across the globe.
"Today, many users want more than what the traditional sensor provides. Users want centralized data storage with contextualized global data accessibility for all levels of their organizations to enable greater levels of collaboration and effectiveness. There are changes in the way leading end users are deploying sensors, installing smart connections through IO- Link, and distributing real-time data to all levels of the manufacturing organization through workflow and other complementary technologies. Machine intelligence will also change significantly as users move from smart machines to machines that can learn and incorporate artificial intelligence. The degree of integrated intelligence will increase significantly, as components of machines need to interact with each other," according to Siddhartha Maiti, Market Analyst and key author of ARC's Proximity Sensors Market Research Report.
Proximity Sensors Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows.:
- Smart Sensing
- IO-Link and CompoNet
- Intelligent Devices and the IoT
- Implementation of Data Analytics to Optimize Machine Performance
- Fabless Companies
- Digitalization of Industrial Operations
- Analytics and Big Data
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
Leading Suppliers to the Proximity Sensors Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Balluff, ifm electronic, OMRON, Pepperl+Fuchs, TURCK.
About the Proximity Sensors Research
The Proximity Sensorsreport explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by World Region, Technology, Sales Channel, Output Signal, Machinery by Segment, Industry, Distance, Detecting Range, Customer Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.