ARC Advisory Group’s new report on the Discrete Automation I/O Module market shows that the market has fully recovered from the pandemic and is poised for continued growth. Discrete I/O modules are mainly used in discrete (factory) manufacturing applications such as machine control, but may also be employed in process applications. This is the result of the growing processing power of programmable logic controllers (PLCs), in which discrete automation IO modules are part of the architecture. After a year of complete uncertainty in 2020, where revenues dipped by high-single digits for the IO modules discrete market, 2021 witnessed a rise in demand for industrial activities as the world recovered from the grip of the pandemic.
"The market has been expanding since 2021 after a reasonable control over the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing demand for digitization and automation, desire for improving operational efficiencies, and the expansion of manufacturing capacities in emerging ASEAN economies. The market will benefit from the trend toward automation and digitalization support of Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT concepts," according to Siddhartha Maiti, Market Analyst and key author of ARC's I/O Modules for Discrete Automation Market Research Report.
I/O Modules for Discrete Automation Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Analytics and Big Data
- Convergence of IT and OT
- Dominance of Complete Solutions Providers
- Ethernet-based Fieldbuses
- Implementation of Data Analytics to Optimize Machine Performance
- Increased Investment in Digital Twins, AI and IoT
- Industrial 5G
- Integration of OEM Services with Industrial IoT
- Smaller Sized IOs
Leading Suppliers to the I/O Modules Discrete Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Mitsubishi Electric, OMRON, Phoenix Contact, Rockwell Automation, Siemens.
About the I/O Modules Discrete Research
The I/O Modules Discrete report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by Machinery by Segment, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Type, Form Factor, Digital Modules by # of Channels, Safety IO, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.