New ARC Advisory Group research on the Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) market indicates that the market continues to expand, with ARC forecasting a significant compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the next five years. Geospatial information systems provide spatial data entry, management, retrieval, analysis, and visualization functions. GISs also integrate hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
"With everything heading toward the cloud, such as documents, images, contacts, calendars, presentations, articles, and accounts, the shift of GIS toward the cloud is logical. Most of the leading GIS vendors have developed or are developing cloud GIS solutions, and a growing number of private GIS companies are also watching this space very closely. At the same time, there is also a strong need for interoperability standards like the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and web feature services. For GIS to support a digitized automated workflow, real-time data needs to be transferred between the field sensors and office solutions without any information loss, and this has increased the need for interoperability," according to Kiran Chavan, Analyst and key author of ARC's Geospatial Information Systems Market Research.
Geospatial Information Systems Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Bring your own Device (BYOD)
- Distributed Energy Resource Management (DERM)
- Emergency Management
- Integration with Business Intelligence (BI)
- Machine Learning and Other AI Techniques
- Network-level Optimization
- Out-of-the-box GIS Offering
- Renewable and Sustainable
- Significant Cost and Time Savings
- Uncertainty in the Global Economy
Leading Suppliers to the Geospatial Information Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Bentley Systems, Esri, General Electric, Hexagon, SuperMap Software.
About the Geospatial Information Systems Research
The Geospatial Information Systems research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Service Revenues by Type, Project Size, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.