ARC’s recently released research on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) finds that healthy growth is expected across multiple geographies and industries as innovative technologies, complex product needs, and digital transformation challenges are being solved by enhanced PLM solutions. Product lifecycle management serves as the backbone of manufacturing companies’ success by providing a comprehensive framework for managing the entire lifecycle of their products. Many PLM suppliers now facilitate seamless collaboration and integration across departments, from initial product design and development to manufacturing, distribution, and even post-sales support and service. North America and Europe are the largest markets. Companies from these regions tend to be leaders in industry, have a high consumer demand and a mature market model. India and China are growing as countries and look to manufacture in-house and satisfy large populations. Growth in the Middle East is coming from mega infrastructure projects.
"Despite the global challenges and economic uncertainties, companies are deploying product lifecycle management solutions to increase their operational resilience, agility, and efficiencies. Today’s solutions from PLM vendors are becoming the backbone for successful business transformation because they provide the digital foundation and enterprise product record for a product throughout its lifecycle," according to Marianne D'Aquila, Director of Research and key author of ARC's Product Lifecycle Management Market Research.
Product Lifecycle Management Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Cloud Deployment and Subscription-based Pricing Models are Gaining Greater Acceptance
- Digital Twins and Digital Simulation Are Becoming More Significant
- Electrical Vehicles and Products Are Increasing Demand
- Global Disruption on Many Fronts is Driving Digital Transformation
- Innovative Transformative Technologies Are Increasing Demand
- Integration of IoT Analytics Is Differentiating PLM Platforms
- PLM and Sustainability Are Intersecting
- PLM Is the Backbone of Digital Lifecyle Management
- PLM Suppliers are Increasingly Integrating Advanced Analytics into Their Solutions
Leading Suppliers to the Product Lifecycle Management Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Autodesk, Dassault Systems, PTC, SAP, Siemens.
About the Product Lifecycle Management Research
The Product Lifecycle Management research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and 1 year of historical analysis. The segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Customer Tier, Deployment Model, Application, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including one year of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.