The ARC Grid Automation market report provides critical insight into the challenging issues faced by utilities and grid automation suppliers as the world struggles with the energy transition. The grid automation report covers measuring devices, control and protection devices, control and data gathering communications, and a wide class of operational execution systems. The report scope includes DMS, ADMS, TMS, EMS, OMS, WAMS, VVC, LFA, forecasting, GIS, and the services that go with these products. Grid automation spans a wide range of suppliers and technologies, but fundamentally it is focused on reliability, cost of power, and meeting environmental goals. Grid regulators and operators will be introducing new energy, ancillary service, and capacity markets and new policies that will drive investment in new generation, storage, transmission, distribution, and demand response software and hardware.
"The energy transition and the evolution of electric grids around the world is seeing unprecedented new generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure. There is no single grid automation strategy for this, but a complex collection of automation technologies that improve the design, installation, and integration of these new grid components. There will be some failures and even the best futurists may be surprised, but there is an incredible resolve to substantially re-invent our electric grid with clean energy. The ARC grid automation market report can help you keep track of the technology and issues that leading suppliers are solving to enable this incredible energy transition and digital transformation," according to Rick Rys, Senior Consultant and key author of ARC's Grid Automation Market Research Report.
Grid Automation Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Digitalization Improvements
- Grid Interactive Customers
- Increased Power Consumption
- More Distributed Generation
Leading Suppliers to the Grid Automation Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: General Electric, Hitachi Energy, NARI Technology, Schneider Electric, Siemens.
About the Grid Automation Research
The Grid Automation report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 1 year of historical analysis segmented by Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Customer Type, Service Revenues by Type, Project Type, Grid Location, Hardware Revenues by Type, Software Revenues by Application, Site Type, Project Size.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot):A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 1 year of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.