Newly released research from ARC Advisory Group on hydrogen production and management systems shows that the market evolution for automation technology in the hydrogen world is different than in other industries. Investment decisions in industry are usually made based on return on investment; this is different for hydrogen plants. To achieve the global climate goals, Governments in Europe, the Americas, and Asia have created Hydrogen Funds. These funds refinance hydrogen plants, and the plant engineering and control equipment suppliers benefit from this. More than 250 projects have already been announced for the period up to 2030. These projects will be financed by the funds previously described. The market for automation technology in hydrogen plants will therefore develop faster than average and decouple from the normal market growth. This research provides a comprehensive and independent overview of control equipment markets in the four most important hydrogen applications. The report explains from a control equipment standpoint, where things stand today, and how hydrogen can help achieve a clean, secure, and affordable energy future, as well as what the market development for control equipment looks like.
"Hydrogen is a growing market and is powered by the global demand for clean primary energy. The 2022 energy crisis has further increased the need for environmentally friendly primary energy sources. Therefore, we see strong growth in the market for control equipment. Nevertheless, it is essential to focus on promising applications, because not all areas will grow at the same rate until 2027. Strong growth is expected in the long run beyond 2027," according to Thomas Menze, Senior Consultant and key author of ARC's Hydrogen Production and Management Systems Market Research.
Hydrogen Production and Management Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- First signs of global H2 collaboration
- Hydrogen bridges regions with renewable energy and the industrial centers
- Hydrogen characteristics and sensor challenges
- Hydrogen for the generation of electrical energy
- The role of existing and planned LNG terminals
About the Hydrogen Production and Management Systems Research
In addition to providing specific market data, the Hydrogen Production and Management Systems report is an emerging market analysis which explores current and future market performance and related technology and business trends. The report includes a comprehensive list of suppliers active in the market along with a select number of supplier profiles. This new research is based on ARC’s industry- leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The report segmentation includes Revenue Category, World Region, Industry, Type, Automation, End Equipment Type, Hydrogen Production Type, Storage Type, Transportation Type, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.