ARC’s new research on the Discrete I/O Modules market shows that as industries embrace automation for enhanced efficiency and operational excellence, the market continues to grow, underpinned by technological innovations and changing industrial dynamics. Rising demand for real-time data insights, scalability, and performance is propelling the adoption of advanced IO modules. These modules serve as the lifeline of automation systems, providing seamless communication between sensors, actuators, and controllers, thereby fostering smarter decision-making and improved process control.
"Industry 4.0 and the Industrial IoT are ushering in a new era of connectivity and intelligence, wherein IO modules play a pivotal role. The integration of IO modules with Industry 4.0 principles facilitates data-driven operations, predictive maintenance, and optimized resource utilization. This convergence is enabling industries to tap into the full potential of their automation systems, unlocking new avenues for growth and efficiency," according to Siddhartha Maiti, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's I/O Modules for Discrete Automation Market Research.
Discrete I/O Modules Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Analytics and Big Data
- Convergence of IT and OT
- Dominance of Complete Solutions Providers
- Ethernet-based Fieldbuses
- Implementation of Data Analytics to Optimize Machine Performance
- Increased Investment in Digital Twins, AI, and IoT
- Industrial 5G
- Integration of OEM Services with Industrial IoT
- Smaller Sized IOs
- Use of Open Platform Communications
Leading Suppliers to the Discrete I/O Modules Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Mitsubishi Electric, OMRON, Phoenix Contact, Rockwell Automation, Siemens.
About the Discrete I/O Modules Research
The Discrete I/O Modules research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The segmentation includes Machinery by Segment, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Hardware Type, Form Factor, Digital Modules by # of Channels, Overall Scope, Safety I/O.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.