ARC Advisory Group’s recent Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for Discrete Industries research makes it clear that MES is strategic to efficient manufacturing. Today’s modern manufacturing execution systems, also known as manufacturing operations management systems (MOM), are a key enabler and often the central focus of IT/OT convergence and digital transformation in manufacturing. ARC sees significant growth in the MES market, led by the need for collaboration and intelligence, increasing Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) investments, new platforms and autonomous capabilities, the remote connected worker and end user demand for process flexibility and productivity. New digital technologies including AI, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality, and new low code/no code platforms are disruptive to manufacturing and are being used with newer generation MES solutions, which are more secure and enable connectivity and enterprise-wide collaboration for today’s more autonomous and digitally driven manufacturing.
"To compete in a digitally transformed world, manufacturers must look for smart manufacturing solutions that connect, collect and analyze the data for better data driven decisions that optimize processes and ultimately improve production efficiencies, drive innovation, and gain competitive edge. Auto features (auto search, auto dashboard, auto maintenance, etc.) that are available today and are being developed will enable even faster deployment and less customization will be required. However, user experience continues to determine the benefits. If the MES is easy-to-use, visual and intuitive, workers will use the application and collaborate more. Usage and ease of visualization are proportional to benefits gained. 2022 will go down as the year of user experience (UX), new platforms, and composable or interoperable apps with simple to use tools that enable worker collaboration and intuitive user experience capabilities," according to Janice Abel, Principal Analyst and key author of ARC's Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Industries Market Research.
Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Acquisitions and Partnerships Reshape the Market Landscape
- Connected Collaborative Workers Across the Enterprise from Anywhere
- Digital Transformation or Operations
- EV Investments
- Increasing Costs
- Inflation, Sustainability, Geopolitical Challenges, and Digital Transformation
- North America Investments
- Role of Acquisitions and Partnerships on the Market Landscape
- Servitization and SaaS
- US Inflation Reduction Act and other Government Incentives
- User Experience (UX) and Personas
Leading Suppliers to the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Applied Materials, Dassault Systèmes, Rockwell Automation, SAP, Siemens.
About the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Research
The Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and two years of historical analysis. The research segmentation includes Scope of Research, Customer Type, Customer Tier, Industry, Revenue Category, Sales Channel, Revenue Type, Deployment Model, Function, World Region.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including two years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.