ARC Advisory Group’s recent research reveals that Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for Process Industries is strategic to intelligence and efficient data-driven decisions. To improve user experience, companies are combining digital technologies including AI, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality, and new low code/no code platforms to streamline and make things simpler and easier to use. Simplified intuitive user experience (UX) is very important and often needs to align to the corporate culture. The ability for workers from anywhere (on-premise, on-site, etc.) to access manufacturing intelligence easily and securely has emerged as another key characteristic. The MES must be easy to deploy, connect and integrate. It must be simple to use, intuitive, and collaborative. The software should be scalable and adapt quickly to new innovative technologies and culture.
"MES/MOM enables enterprise-wide knowledge and user experience (UX). MES in 2022 includes a simplified user experience that takes advantage of auto functionality, and software tools that can be used across the enterprise MES that integrate advanced analytics and AI for better intelligence and more auto functionality that results in faster data-based decisions, reduced costs, increased efficiency and improved operational performance. MES solutions that incorporate newer technologies such as cloud and edge computing, operator advisors, advanced analytics (and AI), augmented and virtual reality, robotics, drones, and other devices and sensors will lead to a future with very few humans on the shop floor," according to Janice Abel, Principal Analyst and key author of ARC's Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Industries Market Research.
Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Autonomous Operations
- Connected Collaborative Workers Across the Enterprise from Anywhere
- Digital Transformation or Operations
- Flexible and Agile Manufacturing that Adapts to Changes
- Inflation, Sustainability, Geopolitical Challenges
- New SaaS Subscription and Remote Services
- Personalized Production, Workflows and Automate-to-order Applications Using Low Code/No Code Configuration
- Rapid Deployment
- Supply Chain and Raw Material Constraints Drive New Applications and Technologies
- US Inflation Reduction Act and Other Government Incentives
- User Experience (UX) and Personas
Leading Suppliers to the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Aspen Technology, AVEVA, Emerson Automation Solutions, Honeywell, Siemens.
About the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Research
The Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The research segmentation includes Scope of Research, Customer Type, Customer Tier, Industry, Revenue Category, Sales Channel, Service Revenues by Type, Deployment Model, Function, World Region.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.