Today’s Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), also known as manufacturing operations management systems (MOM), are a key enabler for digital transformation in manufacturing. With the pandemic came a wave of remote connected workers and accelerated digital transformation programs. ARC is seeing significant growth in the MES market, led by the need for collaboration and intelligence, increasing Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) investments, and end user demand for process flexibility and productivity. MES is strategic to efficient manufacturing. New digital technologies including AI, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality, and new low code/no code platforms are disruptive to manufacturing and are being used with the newer generation MES solutions that are more secure and enable connectivity and enterprise-wide collaboration for today’s more autonomous and digitally driven manufacturing.
"2020 will go down as the year of the pandemic and resulted in the shift toward remote connected workers. Industrial companies had to roll out MES across the enterprise to enable remote connected workers with the ability to collaborate and make intelligent, data-driven decisions quickly from home.," according to Janice Abel, Principal Consultant and key author of ARC's Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Market Research Report.
Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Advanced Analytics, AI, and ML
- Data Platforms and New Architectures: On-site, On-premise, Cloud, and Edge
- Digital Transformation and Smart Digital Factories
- Interoperability and MES Platforms
- Low Code/No Code Platforms
- More Autonomous Future
- Newer Industrial IoT Platforms and Modular Apps
- Pandemic Accelerated Digital Transformation
- Remote, Connected Workers
- Seamless Enterprise Connectivity
Leading Suppliers to the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Applied Materials, Dassault Systèmes, Miracom, SAP, Siemens.
About the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete Research
The Manufacturing Execution Systems for Discrete report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 1 year of historical analysis segmented by Customer Type, Customer Tier, Industry, Revenue Category, Sales Channel, Service Revenues by Type, Deployment Model, Function, World Region, World Region Total.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 1 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): Provides an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, market forecasts, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with or without detailed charts.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.