Module Type Packages (MTP) is an emerging market in the process industries that originated in Western Europe. It is quickly becoming popular around the world. ARC’s new Automation for Module Type Packages Emerging Market Analysis research identifies the key components of MTP solutions, discusses growth drivers and inhibitors, and provides market sizes and five-year forecasts for major segments. Module type package is the name of the industry standard for modular architectures in process equipment. MTP itself is not an architecture, but rather a standardized way of describing processes, as well as capabilities and functionality of automation modules, from discrete components up to production skids. The key to MTP is the associated MTP file that accompanies each device and the orchestration software that integrates devices into an existing control architecture, usually based around a DCS.
"Automation and equipment suppliers see MTP as a key emerging market in the process industries. While MTP will drive the demand for certain components and field instruments, the most important issue facing suppliers is to learn how to sell products as part of MTP solutions. This includes supplying MTP files that describe device functionalities and capabilities, and understanding how the assemblies delivered by equipment providers are orchestrated into the grand scheme of a flexible process plant. Modular architectures have clear benefits, but lacking standards have held back the concept ever since ARC first postulated a world of intelligent, modular architectures over 20 years ago. Owing to the leadership of NAMUR, an association of process industry end users, the market got its act together and created an open, accessible standard that will likely have a profound effect on process architectures for the next generation," according to David Humphrey, Research Director and key author of ARC's Automation for Module Type Packages Emerging Market Analysis Research.
Module Type Packages Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Beware of the Abstraction Layer
- Do Not Scale Up – Number Up!
- Modular Architectures
About the Automation for Module Type Packages (MTP) Research
The Automation for Modular Type Packages (MTP) is an emerging market analysis which explores current and future market performance and related technology and business trends. The report includes a comprehensive list of suppliers active in the market along with a select number of supplier profiles. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes five-year market forecasts. The segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Hardware Revenues by Type, Overall Scope, Module Type, Engineering Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.