Today’s manufacturing execution systems (MES) are key enablers for digital transformation in manufacturing. With the pandemic, the need to access data and information globally became paramount to make faster data-based decisions and improve production performance. Despite the pandemic, ARC is seeing growth in the MES for the process industries, led by the need for global collaboration and intelligence, increasing Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) investments, and end user demand for process intelligence and productivity. MES is strategic to data intelligence and efficient manufacturing. New digital technologies including AI, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality, and new low code/no code platforms are disruptive to manufacturing and are being used with the newer generation MES solutions that are more secure and enable connectivity and enterprise-wide collaboration for today’s enterprise-wide digitally driven manufacturing.
"2020 will go down as the year of the pandemic and consequential shift toward simpler UX with advanced analytics and AI for better intelligence that results in faster data-based decisions even for the remote worker. MES enables enterprise-wide intelligence and user experience (UX), which enables remote connected workers with enterprise manufacturing intelligence. Enterprise and plantwide MES UX in the plant, across plants, and remotely included the use of virtual and augmented reality and in some cases the use of digital twins to help improve asset performance and production. AI was used to enable workers to make more intelligent, data-driven decisions quickly from home or even with a skeleton crew in the plant," according to Janice Abel, Principal Analyst and key author of ARC's Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Market Research Report.
Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advanced Analytics, AI, and ML
- Digital Transformation and Smart Digital Factories
- Flexible and Agile Manufacturing
- Interoperability and MES Platforms
- More Autonomous Manufacturing in the Future
- New SaaS Subscription and Remote Services
- Pandemic Accelerated Digital Transformation
- Remote, Connected Workers
Leading Suppliers to the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, Aspen Technology, AVEVA, Honeywell, OSIsoft.
About the Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process Research
The Manufacturing Execution Systems for Process report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 1 year of historical analysis segmented by Customer Type, Customer Tier, Industry, Revenue Category, Sales Channel, Service Revenues by Type, Deployment Model, Function, World Region, World Region Total.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 1 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.