New ARC research into the market for Omni-channel Order Management Systems (OOM) reveals that systems bought for the purpose of enabling business-to-consumer (B2C) omnichannel, is far larger than systems bought to enable business-to-business fulfillment flows. Of all the industries focused on B2C, apparel retail is more than twice as large as any other vertical. Solutions associated with omni-channel order management systems may include just the core order fulfillment engine, or they might also include logical extensions like in-store inventory, store fulfillment, returns processing, analytics, and APIs and integrations. The solution may go beyond core omnichannel capabilities to include point of sale, ecommerce customer relationship management, tools for building ecommerce selling sites, and other ecommerce sales and marketing applications.
"Retailers still struggle to understand the profitability of their omni-channel business. But in apparel, margins tend to be high. So even if fulfillment costs associated with a particular omnichannel fulfillment flow path are higher than expected, an omnichannel order still usually contributes to profitability. For retailers to fully embrace new optimization capabilities being rolled out by leading OOM vendors, they first need to get their hands around their omnichannel fulfillment costs," according to Steve Banker, Vice President and key author of ARC's Omni-channel Order Management Systems Market Research.
Omni-channel Order Management Systems Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- COVID Roils the Market
- Growth of Non-store and Online Sales
- New Platforms and Functionality
- The Fight to Remain Relevant
Leading Suppliers to the Omni-channel Order Management Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Aptos, IBM, Kibo, Manhattan Associates, VTEX.
About the Omni-Channel Order Management Systems Research
The Omni-channel Order Management Systems research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts. The research segmentation includes Overall Scope, World Region, Industry, Retail by Vertical, Revenue Category, Type, Customer Tier.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.