ARC Advisory Group’s new research on the Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) market indicates that one of the key factors propelling the market is rising demand from the government sector at all levels. Numerous local, state, and federal governments as well as military organizations are increasing their investments in GIS technology to improve their infrastructure and security. Government authorities are realizing the importance of accounting for assets that affect citizens, cities, and other entities. With GIS technology, governments can geographically assess assets quickly and efficiently.
"Geospatial technologies provide the underlying foundation of a smart city and are ultimately the fabric upon which a solution can be built. They provide the location, which allows pinpointing the need, so that a better solution can be applied to it. Geospatial technology provides a necessary framework for collecting data and insights to facilitate software-based solutions around smart infrastructure. Increased use of satellite imagery in the military is also intriguing. Different forms of satellite imagery are available, and governments can undertake better intelligence studies thanks to GIS technology, and they can also modify their assessments and strategies in response to threats," according to Kiran Chavan, Analyst and key author of ARC's Geospatial Information Systems Market Research Report.
Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Adopting Digital Technologies
- Advanced Analytics
- Bring your Own Device (BYOD)
- Distributed Energy Resource Management (DERM)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
- Location Technology
- Network Complexity
- Out-of-the-box GIS Offering
- The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Uncertainty in the Global Economy
Leading Suppliers to the Geospatial Information Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Bentley Systems, Esri. Inc, General Electric, Hexagon, SuperMap Software.
About the Geospatial Information Systems Research
The Geospatial Information Systems report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Service Revenues by Type, Project Size.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
- Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.