According to ARC’s latest update to its Supply Chain Planning (SCP) Market Intelligence and Rapid Analysis (MIRA) service, the supply chain planning software market grew at a double-digit rate over the last several years, even during the pandemic. It is unusual for a mature, multibillion-dollar market to grow so fast. Clearly, the pandemic, although now post-pandemic, continues to be a driver of growth for this multibillion-dollar market. The pandemic highlighted the need for companies to be agile and resilient. Agility and resilience continue to be key goals among C-level executives. Executives largely do not believe that we will have smooth and predictable supply chains that were prevalent several years ago. Supply chain planning is one key technology for achieving these goals.
"Business professionals talk about ‘agility’ and ‘resilience’ as if they are the same thing. They are not. A company with an agile supply chain can react quickly to big increases or decreases in demand. An agile company is like a half back in football that can dart quickly to the left or the right depending upon the opening. A resilient company is like a boxer that can take hard punches and keep on battling. In short, agility helps you to maximize upside potential, resilience is preferred if you want to minimize downside risk," according to Steve Banker Vice President of Research and key author of ARC's Supply Chain Planning (SCP) Market Research Report.
Supply Chain Planning Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- AI/Machine Learning
- Autonomous Planning
- Big Data
- Concurrent Planning
- Digital Supply Chain Transformation
- Ecommerce and Omnichannel
- Graph Databases
- Public Cloud Solutions
Leading Suppliers to the Supply Chain Planning Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Blue Yonder, Kinaxis Software, o9 Solutions, Oracle, SAP.
About the Supply Chain Planning (SCP) Research
The Supply Chain Planning (SCP) report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts, and five year of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes Revenue Category, World Region, Industry, Customer Tier, Service Revenues by Type, Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 5 years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.