During this current period of market volatility due to the onset of the Coronavirus, energy demand destruction, and slow consumer spend, asset owners have pivoted from large capital, asset-intensive new builds and plant modifications to meeting sustainability objectives through energy optimization and operational safety projects. The focus of industrial investments is on sustainable operations, production improvement, and reducing maintenance costs. Sustainability and green initiatives are becoming increasingly important to industrial companies. Improving operational safety also plays a vital role, since for many companies this is part of the license to operate. Advanced process control and online optimization technologies reduce process variability, minimize costly product giveaway, optimize processes against constraints, and support autonomous operations.
"Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning play a role in improving model calibration and accuracy. “Seed models” from process engineering simulation and other planning data models are used as inputs with years of historical data to produce better APC models used in close loop or as inputs to the model calibration and update process. AI and machine learning also help to address process applications with non-linearity in chemicals and polymers industry," according to Peter Reynolds, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's Advanced Process Control and On-Line Optimization Market Research Report.
Advanced Process Control and On-Line Optimization Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- AI for Seed Models
- Advanced Process Control as a SaaS Solution
- Advanced Process Control for Sustainability
- Dynamic Optimization to Improve Scheduling
- Ease of Use
- Self-Tuning / Calibrating Models
- Shortage of APC Engineers
- Target Smaller APC applications
Leading Suppliers to the Advanced Process Control and On-Line Optimization Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, Aspen Technology, Emerson Automation Solutions, Honeywell, Yokogawa.
About the Advanced Process Control and On-Line Optimization Research
The Advanced Process Control and On-Line Optimization report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 5 years of historical analysis segmented by World Region, Industry, Application, Revenue Category, Service Revenues by Type, Customer Tier, Sales Channel.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.