ARC’s new research on the global Building Automation Systems (BAS) market shows significant growth, driven primarily by sustainability-related initiatives targeted at net zero emissions, energy efficiency, and workplace resilience, among other factors. Today’s BASs provide the promise of integrated operations – a "single pane of glass" to manage, visualize, and control operations in multiple domains, from HVAC to access control, fire detection and suppression, CCTV, and other systems within the built environment.
"Buildings remain one of the largest consumers of energy and one of the largest emitters of greenhouse gases. The built environment generates 40 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions. Many buildings are older and in desperate need of modernization to become more energy efficient. Pressure from the government and regulator side is increasing, with major initiatives such as UN COP 26 climate conference, the increasing influence of activist investors, and many major cities around the world are enacting emissions limits for large buildings," according to Larry O'Brien, Vice President of Research and key author of ARC's Building Automation Systems Market Research.
Building Automation Systems Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the research also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Cybersecurity and building automation
- Digital twins and the built environment
- Enabling open connectivity and interoperability between systems
- Integration of power and building systems
- Mass electrification of building assets
- The drive to intelligent, autonomous buildings
Leading Suppliers to the Building Automation Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Trane.
About the Building Automation Systems Research
The Building Automation Systems research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and
secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts.
The research segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Application, Overall Scope, Revenues Category. Up to 5 year(s) of historical analysis is available.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.