New ARC Advisory Group research on the General Motion Control (GMC) market projects solid growth as industrial operations seek automation solutions that support energy conservation and sustainability initiatives. GMCs are playing a key role in promoting sustainability and interconnected machinery, two of the most important trends driving growth in the manufacturing industry. A new generation of machinery utilizing GMC systems will be needed to produce semiconductor and electronic devices, electric cars, packaging solutions, and materials that are necessary for energy-efficient solutions and to enable sustainability. With a vast and geographically diversified spectrum of providers and a multitude of potential applications impacting numerous industries, the general motion control industry is still fragmented.
"General motion control systems are used to control the movement of machines and devices in a wide range of industries, including automotive, food and beverage, electronics, and pharmaceutical. By automating tasks and improving efficiency, GMCs can help manufacturers reduce their environmental impact and improve their bottom line. GMC systems are more accurately described as a sophisticated technology integration with application expertise than as a product, with the ultimate goal being the automation of a "complete machine." Motion control systems boost their value proposition by meeting a number of market expectations, such as the increasing need for smart, connected goods built on Industry 4.0 or the Industrial Internet of Things. To complement these functions, new capabilities including security, analytics, safety, simulation, and Ethernet network expansion are being added to GMC systems," according to Siddhartha Maiti, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's General Motion Control Market Research.
General Motion Control Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Complete System Solution Motion Control Suppliers Continue to Dominate the Market
- Constantly Changing Consumer Demands
- Convergence of IT and OT
- Increased Investment in Digital Twins, AI, and IoT
- Industrial 5G
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Simulation Gaining Traction
- Single Cable Solutions
- Surge in New Servo Drive Products
Leading Suppliers to the General Motion Control Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Bosch Rexroth, Mitsubishi Electric, Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Yaskawa.
About the General Motion Control Research
The General Motion Control research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The research segmentation includes Overall Scope, World Region, Sales Channel, Revenue Category, Motor Revenues by Customization, Machinery by Segment, Industry, Hardware Revenues by Component Subcategory, Hardware Revenues by Component, Drive Revenues by Customization, Customer Type, Component Subcategory, Component.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.