ARC Advisory Group’s new market size and forecast report for 3D scanning shows that the technology offers a multitude of advantages over conventional survey and measurement practices. 3D scanning helps in the creation of accurate as-built models for building information modeling (BIM). 3D scans are essential for checking proposed designs against existing site conditions and comparing construction progress with original design plans. The adoption of this technology by EPCs has resulted in an improvement to the overall design/build/operate/maintain lifecycle for plants and buildings. This technology positively impacts project lifecycle and workflow in terms of time, cost, and construction efficiency.
"Increased deployment of 5G is expected to increase installation of "smart scanners" in manufacturing facilities. These scanners are always connected and can upload data to a real-time database. This requires very fast internet connectivity, which can be attained with the help of 5G technology. Worker safety is the primary concern for construction sites, and 3D laser scanning can improve on this aspect of surveying. With the help of portable 3D laser scanners, surveyors can record accurate measurement of the structure from a distance of up to several hundred meters," according to Kiran Chavan, Analyst and key author of ARC's 3D Scanning Systems Market Research Report.
3D Scanning Systems Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Color and Texture Detection
- Rise in Demand from Addictive Manufacturing
- Low Cost 3D Scanners
- Automating Scanning Process
- 5G Technology Is Expected to Connect Scanners
- AR and VR Could Be Mainstream Sooner
- Metal and Ceramic 3D Printers Expected to Drive 3D Scanner Demand
- New End User Market
- Software Key for 3D Scanning
Leading Suppliers to the 3D Scanning Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Ametek, FARO, Hexagon, Nikon Metrology, Zeiss.
About the 3D Scanning Systems Research
The 3D Scanning Systems report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Tier, Service Revenues by Type, Application Type, Range, Hardware Revenues by Range, Hardware by Light Type, Hardware by Scanner Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.