This Planning Guide is designed to help organizations navigate the buying process for advanced analytics.
Understand the Landscape
With an emphasis on predictive solutions, cognitive intelligence, and machine learning, this planning guide will provide useful ways of thinking about analytics for industry today. It will clarify the different analytics modes, from the enterprise to the edge. The report will:
- Explain key concepts needed to navigate the buying process
- Help you understand how to select a solution that fits your business
- Detail recent market entrants
- Provide insight into how traditional technology providers with analytics are positioned in the market
Build Business Case Consensus
Applying analytics in an industrial setting is a complex endeavor. To help you build internal consensus while avoiding unnecessary costs and false starts, the guide answers key questions, such as:
- What are the analytics modes and how do they differ?
- What roles and responsibilities are required?
- How important is unstructured data to predictive analytics?
- How is edge data being used?
- Where do industrial platform with IoT services fit in analytics?
Planning Guide Table of Contents
Industrial Analytics Modes
- Toolkit Mode
- Platform Mode
- Application Mode
- Cloud Only
- Local Edge
- Edge Only
Leveraging Data For Predictive Methods
- Process Historian Limitations
- Structured and Unstructured Data
Key Concepts Related to the Buying Process
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Data Science and Subject Matter Expertise
- Art, Science, and Algorithms
- Data Model Development
- Managing Drift
- Predictive Versus Prescriptive Analytics
Applying Analytics In Industrial Settings
Profiles for recent entrant suppliers servicing this market are included.
For More Information
For more information on this planning guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.
We also offer:
- ARC Advanced Analytics Workshop: Gain organizational buy-in and knowledge from an ARC-guided discovery workshop. Available at your site or ARC’s office.
- ARC STAR Selection Project: Led by an ARC analyst, you can leverage ARC’s analytics selection criteria and tools to define requirements, compare providers, and execute a request-for-information (RFI) proposal. We also provide assessments of individual solution providers. .