This evaluation and selection guide will help organizations select the best engineering design tools software for their business requirements.
The energy sector, including oil & gas and power generation (fossil, nuclear, and alternative energy) is clearly driving much of the new projects in plants and infrastructure.
Here, Engineering Design Tool (EDT) suppliers offer a wide range of design/construct/operate/maintain applications and solutions for plant design and infrastructure. These EDT solutions often represent cutting edge technology in 3D design modeling, laser scanning and point cloud modeling, geo-spacial mapping, procurement and materials management, construction sequencing and management, and many others.
Currently, the EDT market serves both EPCs and owner-operators across the entire CAPEX to OPEX lifecycle.
Executing these massive projects often requires joint ventures or partnerships between engineering, construction, and owner-operator organizations. Faced with a large and varied selection of design/build applications and suppliers from which to choose, engineering firms and owner-operators alike often need guidance to make the right choices.
Beyond the project phase, asset owners are now seeing the additional value that engineering design tools can provide during the much longer operations phase of assets in both plants and infrastructure.
Engineering Design Tools Selection Strategic Issues
The plant and infrastructure domains each have different market dynamics. Users need to know the capabilities and strategies of suppliers for their particular market. Additionally, both EPCs and owner-operators need to be aware of the market and relevant technologies. This study answers key questions, such as:
- How do users successfully implement EDT technology in their operations?
- How do technologies like laser scanning impact both greenfield and brownfield projects?
- What is the present status of “integrated engineering”?
- How is new technology changing EDT offerings?
- What are the key criteria for selecting an appropriate EDT solution?
Engineering Design Tools Selection Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Regional Trends
- End User Trends
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Successful Adoption
Partial List of Selection Criteria Topics
- Business Goals
- System Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Market Sector
- Market Shares by Revenue Type
- Market Shares by Deployment
- Market Shares by Industry
- Market Shares by Infrastructure
- Market Shares by Customer Type
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.