This Enterprise Manufacturing Operational Intelligence selection guide is designed to help organizations select the best enterprise manufacturing intelligence (EMI) software for their plant operations and business requirements.
Enterprise Manufacturing Operational Intelligence Overview
This guide contains guidance, suggested selection criteria, and supplier profiles to help team members find common ground to make more insightful, fact-based decisions, with lower risk and faster time to benefit.
Enterprise manufacturing operational intelligence is the framework of integrated software and services that bring together a company’s manufacturing and operations data. This requires integrating disparate data sources in a cohesive, intelligent, and contextual fashion for reporting, analysis, and visualization. EMI captures data between operations, plant-floor systems, and enterprise business systems. EMI applications include data integration and aggregation, data contextualization and management, analytics and analysis, and visualization.
EMI captures, aggregates, and provides analysis and visualization tools and intelligent dashboards for manufacturing big data, including data from smart sensors and other smart, connected devices.
EMI helps companies make faster decisions, avoid abnormal behavior, improve time-to–value, and optimize operations. EMI solutions can help improve visibility, and reduce costs.
Successful EMI implementations support interoperability and global standards and can help prove visibility and collaboration across global industrial enterprises; providing operations, engineering, and management with the operational intelligence needed for more effective, real-time decision making.
Enterprise Manufacturing Operational Intelligence Strategic Issues
The EMI market is diverse, with each industry having its own distinct application requirements and suppliers. The selection guide explores user objectives, technical selection criteria, and applications with information about best practices, market trends, supplier industry segments, and geographic regions, and answers key questions:
- What EMI functions are needed?
- What features and capabilities should be considered when comparing suppliers?
- How does the EMI software integrate with the installed base of solutions, business systems, and new technologies?
- Which suppliers have success in your industry?
- What are best practices of other users?
- How are big data, mobility, cloud, and the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) affecting EMI solutions?
- What are some of the key technologies being implemented?
Enterprise Manufacturing Operational Intelligence Selection Guide Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry & Regional Trends
- Business Opportunities
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Successful Adoption
Technology and Supplier Selection Criteria
- Key Criteria Analysis
- Fact-based Selection Process
- Consider Best Practices by Suppliers
- Selection Process Tools Available
- Selection Criteria Table
EMI Survey Results and Recommendations
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Client Deployment
- Market Shares by Software vs Services
- Market Shares by Service Type
- Market Shares by Application
- Market Shares by Industry
- Market Shares by Client Usage Method
- Market Shares by Interface
- Market Shares by Deployment