This guide will help organizations select the best Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) software for their business requirements.
Macro level challenges to increase innovation, improve governance, manage risk, comply with regulatory requirements, and deliver quantifiable operational results while simultaneously maintain margins have a trickledown effect into the laboratory. As the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) phenomenon takes root, a new wrinkle facing manufacturers in the software selection process is that of deployment option: on premise, cloud, or a hybrid approach.
The market for LIMS is impacted by the same trends that impact the global economy and the software industry: cloud, mobile technology, big data, and analytics. To gain a competitive advantage, enterprises must leverage these technologies to increase uptime, improve operating performance, and ensure product quality. Other forces impacting the market are the emergence of fast-growing new economies, competition for resources, and a workforce that expects more from technology and applications. LIMS can act as a collaboration tool to connect parties and facilitate work in the lab.
LIMS software spans both the functional needs of its users and business processes for the broader enterprise. This selection guide explores user objectives, business justification, application scope, selection criteria, and helps answer key questions, such as:
- What LIMS functions are desirable?
- What features should be considered for comparing suppliers?
- Which suppliers have success in your industry?
- What are the best practices of other LIMS users?
- How are cloud, SaaS, mobility, and the Internet of Things (IoT) affecting LIMS?
Download Brochure: Laboratory Information Management Systems
Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Impact
- Regional Impact
- End User Impact
- Factors Contributing to Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Strategies for Success
- Key Criteria Analysis
- Fact-based Selection Process
- Consider Best Practices by Suppliers
- Selection Process Tools Available
- Table Containing Specific Selection Criteria
- Business Goals
- System Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Industry
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.