This guide is designed to help organizations select the best transportation management software for their unique business requirements.
A transportation management system (TMS) helps companies move freight from origin to destination efficiently, reliably, and cost effectively. Today’s more capable TMS solutions offer a strong ROI. Primarily, a TMS can save companies money by lowering their freight spend. ARC’s survey-based research found that respondents indicated freight savings of approximately 8 percent with the use of a TMS application. Of these savings, nearly 60 percent of users indicated that less than 10 percent of the net savings were absorbed by the TMS. These freight savings can be attributed to network design, load consolidation, multi-stop route optimization improved data for procurement, and freight audit.
This supplier selection guide includes over 150 criteria that can be used in selecting a supplier, market shares, and other important information about the market.
Transportation Management Systems Selection Strategic Issues
ARC has been covering the transportation management system market for close to 20 years. We have done market research studies, ROI research, case studies, and examined closely the ROI of competing and complementary solutions. Based on that history, this report can help answer strategic questions such as:
- What providers have the largest market shares in a given industry or region?
- What specific criteria can be used to judge a TMS solution’s routing capabilities? Business Intelligence? Procurement? Visibility? And so on?
- What are the key strengths and challenges of over 35 of the key suppliers in this market?
Transportation Management Systems Selection Guide Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
Strategies for Successful Adoption
Factors Contributing to Adoption
Factors Inhibiting Adoption
Technology and Supplier Selection Criteria
- Key Criteria Analysis
- Table Containing 150 Specific Selection Criteria
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Market Shares by Industry
- Electronics and Electrical
- Food & Beverage
- Household & Personal Care
- Logistics (Asset-based)
- Logistics (Non-asset based)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech
- Wholesale & Distribution
- Market Shares by Retail Vertical
- Market Shares by Architecture
- Private Server
- Market Shares by Customer Tier
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.