The Autonomous Mobile Robots market research study delivers current market analysis plus a five year market and technology forecast.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Market Is Growing Extremely Fast
Autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) are a form of automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) that can be implemented without any supporting infrastructure like markers or wires or magnets implanted in the floor or precisely located laser targets.
There are two types of autonomous mobile robots - solutions based on fleet management and solutions that rely on picking optimization. Fleet management solutions typically operate with bigger payloads and route the robots from an origin to a destination. Pick optimization robots integrate the movement of machines and people in a process flow designed to increase picking throughput.
This is a young and fast-growing market. The growth is fueled by the difficulty in hiring workers that want to work in warehouses or factories in North America and Europe, the increased flexibility of these solutions, the boom in ecommerce, and significant venture capital investments in many of the suppliers in this market.
Previous research on this market has not properly distinguished between solutions like Kiva robotic knock off solutions, which are not truly autonomous, and the new generation of truly autonomous robots. Further, past research has grouped together fleet management and pick optimization solutions. These solutions are very different and have very different growth rates.
This research is also enhanced with user survey findings.
Autonomous Mobile Robots Strategic Issues
Autonomous mobile robots are an exciting technology getting a great deal of attention. Among the issues addressed in this study are:
- How do warehouse hiring and retention trends affect the value proposition for autonomous mobile robots?
- What ROI can users expect?
- What are the implications of Robot as a Service pricing?
- How is venture capital impacting this market?
Autonomous Mobile Robots Study Formats and Editions Available
This market study may be purchased as a concise, executive-level Market Analysis Report in PDF format.
|MIRA Workbook||PDF File|
|Worldwide (includes regional data)||No||Yes|
Worldwide Research Focus Areas
- Major Trends
- Hiring and Retention Survey Research
- Venture Capital Investments in Autonomous Mobile Robot Companies
- Time to Value Analysis: Fleet AMRs vs. Laser Guided Vehicles
- Process Flexibility as a Growth Driver
- ROI of Pick Optimization Autonomous Mobile Robots
- E-commerce as a Market Driver
- Autonomous Mobile Robots in the 3PL and Retail Verticals
- Strategic Recommendations
- Total Shipments of Autonomous Mobile Robots
- Shipments by Region
- North America
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Shipments by Product Type
- Fleet Management
- Pick Optimization
- Shipments by Payload
- Each, Carton, Tote
- Heavy Loads
Patent wars are poised to break out, particularly between pick optimization style AMR suppliers. These patents often involve a patent for the process that is embedded in the solution. The supplier profiles include a description of the process used by suppliers to support picking.
Profiles are provided for leading suppliers, suppliers with significant venture capital investments, and suppliers with interesting solutions and technology.