The Total Available Market for IIoT Endpoint Devices research study delivers current market analysis plus a five year market and technology forecast.
How Many IA Endpoint Devices Are Available for the Industrial Internet of Things?
Industrial automation (IA) represents one of the largest potential growth segments within the Internet of Things (IoT). IoT’s potential within industrial automation is due not only to the large number of devices shipped annually, but also the significant potential for retrofit of installed devices.
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) endpoint devices that reside below the network infrastructure tier in discrete, process, and substation automation are primary data sources for cloud-based IIoT applications. At the same time, IP-based industrial endpoint devices represent some of the strongest potential within the typically slow growing industrial automation marketplace.
IIoT-driven strategies are not the only catalyst behind anticipated growth. Manufacturers continue to incorporate IP-based connectivity due to significant value propositions in areas such as horizontal and vertical integration, IT/OT convergence, and overall price/performance benefit.
This analysis answers the important question of how many endpoint devices are and will be available for incorporation into the IIoT by virtue of their IP connectivity.
IIoT Endpoint Devices Strategic Issues
Today’s industrial internet-driven initiatives rely on endpoint devices for data acquisition, remote access, and execution of process, machine, and/or asset performance improvement strategies:
• How large is the total available market (TAM) for IIoT endpoints, and how does the potential vary by shipments versus retrofits?
• What is the total available market for discrete versus process and substation automation by device type?
• What strategies should potential IIoT adopters and product suppliers pursue?
Study Formats and Editions Available
This market study may be purchased as a concise, executive-level Market Analysis Report in PDF format, with detailed charts.
|MIRA Workbook||PDF File|
Worldwide Research Focus Areas
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Strategies for Buyers vs Suppliers
- Scope of Research
Market Forecast Analysis
- Total Available Market for IIoT Endpoint Devices ($s and Units)
- Total Available Market for IIoT Endpoint Devices in Discrete Automation by Device Type ($s and Units)
- 3D Laser Scanners
- AC Drives
- Additive Manufacturing Systems
- Autonomous Mobile Robots
- Discrete I/O
- Industrial PCs
- Industrial UPS
- IP Cameras
- Machine Vision Cameras
- Machine Vision Sensors
- Machine Vision Systems
- Operator Interface Panels
- Safety PLCs
- Servo/Stepper Drives
- Wind Turbine Control Systems
- Total Available Market for IIoT Endpoint Devices in Process Automation by Device Type ($s and Units)
- DCS Systems
- Digital Control Valve Positioners
- Electronic Flowmeters
- Intelligent Electric Actuators
- Intelligent Pumps
- Process I/O
- Process Safety Systems
- SCADA RTUs
- Single and Multiloop Controllers
- Smart Toxic Gas Detectors
- Smart Transmitters
- Total Available Market for IIoT Endpoint Devices in Substation Automation by Device Type ($s, Units)
- Transformer Monitoring
- Total Available Market by Shipments vs. Retrofits by Sector
- Shipments of IIoT Endpoint Devices in Discrete Automation by Device Type ($s, Units, ASP)
- Shipments of IIoT Endpoint Devices in Process Automation by Device Type ($s, Units, ASP)
- Shipments of IIoT Endpoint Devices in Substation Automation by Device Type ($s, Units, ASP)