The Total Available Market (TAM) for Fixed Industrial Network Edge Infrastructure market research study delivers current market analysis plus a five year market and technology forecast. The study is available in multiple editions including worldwide, all regions, and a select group of countries.
Industrial Network Edge Infrastructure Emerges as a Critical Enabler for IIoT Strategies
The industrial network “edge” infrastructure tier is populated by devices such as gateways, switches, routers, and wireless access points (WAPs). This tier is a critical enabler of industrial internet-enabled strategies in areas such as IT-OT integration, edge-to-cloud connectivity, and edge computing.
Edge infrastructure devices are taking on IT characteristics ranging from use of standard operating systems to support for IT protocols and enterprise platform agents. Some perform edge computing to address the need for local data processing as well as latency and security.
Growth of the market into promising segments such as transportation, infrastructure, energy, and smart cities is driving further developments. Each of these segments requires specific product configurations that meet their own requirements.
The objective of this analysis is to quantify the Total Available Market (TAM) for fixed industrial network edge infrastructure from the perspective of both installed base and annual shipments.
Industrial Network Edge Infrastructure Strategic Issues
Industrial network edge infrastructure devices have emerged as a primary vehicle for delivering incremental business value via internet-enabled business strategies.
- How many fixed industrial infrastructure devices are available for incorporation into the IIoT?
- What are the growth prospects by geographical region and industry?
- What is the anticipated impact of Linux adoption in edge infrastructure devices?
- How many and what type of network infrastructure devices will be used in edge computing applications?
Formats and Editions Available
This market study may be purchased as a concise, executive-level Market Analysis Report (PDF). Studies and formats available are listed below:
|MIRA Workbook||Market Analysis PDF|
|Worldwide (includes regional data)||No||Yes|
Table of contents for these studies is shown in the following paragraphs.
Worldwide Research Focus Areas
- Major Trends
- Regional Trends
- Industry Trends
- Strategies for Buyers
- Strategies for Product Suppliers
- TAM for Fixed Industrial Network Edge Infrastructure
- TAM by Device Type
- Ethernet Switches
- Ethernet Routers
- Ethernet Gateways
- Cellular Routers
- Cellular Gateways
- Wireless Routers & Access Points
- Wireless Gateways
- IPC-based Gateways
- Shipments of Fixed Industrial Network Edge Infrastructure
- Shipments by Device Type
- Shipments by Region
- North America
- Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Latin America
- Shipments by Industry
- Industrial Machinery
- Oil & Gas
- Electric Utilities
- Water & Wastewater
- Building Automation
- Other Industries
- Shipments by Operating System
- Shipments of Linux- & Windows-based Infrastructure used in Edge Computing
- Shipments used in Edge Computing by Device Type