New ARC Advisory Group research demonstrates that demand for drones for the process industries is rising as the desire to keep employees safe from working in inaccessible areas/confined spaces or completing dangerous tasks is crucial for a growing number of companies. Enhancements such as advanced sensor payloads, cameras, on-board computing, and advanced processing using AI and machine learning to enable autonomous navigation and operations are enabling drones to tackle increasingly more complex tasks while helping keep employees safe and serve as a mobile inspection platform enabling automated data collection and analysis.
"Although employee safety is a key driver of drone adoption, end users realize that the improved functionality and performance capabilities of drones provide enhanced operational improvements and often significant cost savings in terms of time and money from traditional inspection or surveying and mapping methods. ARC believes that as the autonomous capabilities of drones increase over time and employ AI, machine learning, and other technologies, more end users will deploy drones as part of a larger strategy, striving toward true autonomous operations in the future," according to Tim Shea, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's Drones for the Process Industries Market Research.
Drones for the Process Industries Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Drones Are Incorporating Increasing Levels of Intelligence, Autonomy, and Digitalization
- End Users Are Striving for Autonomous Operations and Drones Seen as Key Enabler
- Impact of the Pandemic Expedited the Need for Remote Operations
- Regulations Are Slowly Evolving, and Adoption is Growing
Leading Suppliers to the Drones for the Process Industries Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: DJI, Flyability, MMC UAV, Percepto, Skydio.
About the Drones for the Process Industries Research
The Drones for the Process Industries research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and three years of historical analysis. The research segmentation includes World Region, Industry, Revenue Category, Application, System Type, Customer Type, Sales Channel.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including three years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.