According to ARC Advisory Group’s new report, the discrete automation market roared back during 2021, recovering much of the losses incurred after a significant drop due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Going forward, the outlook remains positive for capital investments in automation products and software in discrete industries due to the macro trends that underlie the growth in this market remain in place. These trends include globalization, infrastructure expansion, an aging installed base of automation equipment, manufacturing labor shortages, digitalization, an increasing middle class in Asia, and the ongoing need to improve production, process controllability, and reduce energy consumption.
"Digitalization already has a marked impact on industrial operations. Each year, new products and capabilities provide higher value, driving investments in new equipment. Features are incorporated to control production processes more precisely, improve functionalities, reduce energy consumption, expand operational visibility, increase plant safety, and provide contextualized and time-relevant information to improve management and production floor decisions. As a result, automation products and software deployed in the discrete industries are improving product quality and operational efficiency," according to Allen Avery Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's Automation and Software Expenditures for Discrete Industries Market Research.
Automation and Software Expenditures for Discrete Industries Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Software-defined Everything
- MTP Adds Flexibility and Scalability
- Moving to the Edge
- More IO to Gather More Information
- Industrial 5G
- Expect More Frequent Migration
- Energy Efficiency Regulations
- Connect to the Cloud
- Configurable/Characterizable I/O
- Communications Will Become More Standardized and Universal
- Cloud Computing
Leading Suppliers to the Automation and Software Expenditures for Discrete Industries Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, FANUC, Mitsubishi Electric, Rockwell Automation, Siemens.
About the Automation and Software Expenditures for Discrete Industries Research
The Automation and Software Expenditures for Discrete Industries report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 5 years of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes World Region, Industry, and Product Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.