ARC Advisory Group’s research on the control valves market highlights how the economic disruption caused by the war in Ukraine has amplified the urgency to accelerate energy transition initiatives. Governments around the world are increasingly striving to become less dependent on unreliable foreign suppliers of energy. This increased focus on energy security is driving heightened investment activity in nuclear, LNG, fossil power, and regional oil and gas projects. In the above industries, control valves are used to maintain a process variable as close as possible to the desired set point. Controller set points are typically flow rate, pressure, and temperature. Product parameters, such as density, concentration, liquid level, and others, can also be controlled with control valves.
"Gas shortages faced in Europe because of gas supply cutoffs from Russia highlighted the dangers of relying on (unreliable) foreign energy sources because Europe’s gas supply had historically been dominated by Russia. This has led to government interventions aimed at protecting consumers and shielding industry from spiraling energy costs and shortfalls. Many countries and regions are creating policies to fast-track clean energy transition initiatives. The Inflation Reduction Act in the US, the REPowerEU plan in Europe, and the Green Transformation (better known as GX) program in Japan are just a few examples of policymakers providing incentives to encourage investments in clean energy initiatives," according to David Clayton, Research Director and key author of ARC's Control Valves Market Research.
Control Valves Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Technological Advancements in Communication Protocols
- Batteries to Power Wireless Devices
- Increasing Adoption of Wireless Positioners
- Integrated Connected Valves
- Increasing Acceptance of Outsourcing Maintenance
- Increasing Electrification of Control Valves
- Increasing Competition from Low-cost Competitors
- Increasing Regulatory Pressure
- Proliferation of Green Hydrogen Value Chain
- Increasing Investments in Decarbonization Efforts
- Increasing Focus on Energy Security
Leading Suppliers to the Control Valves Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Emerson Automation Solutions, Flowserve, Nihon Koso, SAMSON, Third Party Control Valve Suppliers.
About the Control Valves Research
The Control Valves research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes Overall Scope, World Region, Industry, Sales Channel, Customer Type, Component, Revenue Category, Project Type, Application, Actuators by Type, Positioners by Type, Positioners by Communication Protocol.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.