ARC Advisory Group’s new research on the emission monitoring systems (EMS) market shows that increased use of emissions trading schemes is a key factor behind the market’s substantial growth. The Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) is a tool for sending price signals to producers, consumers, and investors. It puts a price on emissions by charging certain sectors of the economy for the greenhouse gases they emit. EMS is the traditional method of monitoring greenhouse gas emissions, and continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) is required by the majority of national environmental regulatory authorities.
"ETS gives industrial plants some flexibility compared with laws where they must meet numerical emission limits. China has also explored ETS options and achieved some degree of success. A pilot project of SO2 emission trading is underway. Although emission trading is still in a trial phase in China, the government shows committed interest to market-based trading. Meanwhile, India has launched a pilot project for particulate emission trading in three states. Accurate recording of emission data is crucial to participate in cap-and-trade programs. The EMS market will continue to grow as more countries adopt emissions trading schemes," according to Kiran Chavan, Analyst and key author of ARC's Emission Monitoring Systems Market Research.
Emission Monitoring Systems Market Trends
- Companies Opting for CEMS that Utilize Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) CEMS
- End Users Exhibit a Preference for Extractive CEMS
- EPA Revised Substitute Data Provisions for Units with Delayed Quality Assurance Tests Due to COVID-19
- PEMS Provides a Cost-Effective Alternative to CEMS
Leading Suppliers to the Emissions Monitoring Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: ABB, Beijing SDL Technology Co., Ltd., Focused Photonics Inc., Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
About the Emission Monitoring Systems Research
The Emission Monitoring Systems research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Component, Transmission Method, Application Type, System Type, Measured Variable, Overall Scope.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.