According to ARC Advisory Group’s new report on the industrial RFID marketplace, digitalization of manufacturing processes and the need for transparency continues to drive RFID adoption in manufacturing. Digitalization is driving the growth of RFID technology for asset data collection used in services like predictive maintenance and remote support. Devices are becoming intelligent, bringing data and communications to a new level. Industry 4.0 focuses on increasing flexibility in manufacturing. Smart factory technology will leverage RFID in realizing digital goals. The pandemic played a big role, especially in sensing and identification areas. The sudden disruptions in manufacturing made manufacturers realize that they needed accurate visibility into their inventory. Many manufacturers realized that having visibility of inventory (parts, tools, operations, etc.) both within their enterprises and supply chains was far more critical than at any other point in the past.
"Immense growth of e-commerce continues to fuel demands for end-to-end product traceability, visibility, sustainability, and reduced friction operations in most industries. RFID technology offers data in real-time and is used to facilitate most tracking operations while reducing human error. There is a growing need for accurate visibility of inventory and into the most important areas of an organization’s operations across multiple locations or a specific area, people, and assets," according to Rita Liu, Director of Research and key author of ARC's RFID in Manufacturing Market Research Report.
RFID in Manufacturing Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Growth in UHF Passive RFID
- Growing Adoption of E-commerce
- Geographical Diversification of Operations
- Fabless Companies
- Data Driven
- Big Data & Cloud Computing
Leading Suppliers to the RFID in Manufacturing Operations Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Balluff, Brooks Automation, OMRON, Siemens, Zebra Technologies.
About the RFID in Manufacturing Research
The RFID in Manufacturing report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and 5 years of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes Machinery by Segment, Hardware by Component, Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Revenues by Application, Hardware Revenues by Temperature Rating, Hardware Revenues by Design, Hardware Revenues by Component.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.