New ARC Advisory Group research on the Multiphase Flow Metering (MPFM) and Virtual Flow Metering (VFM) market reveals that owner-operators and independents are increasingly relying on multiphase flow metering and virtual flow metering solutions for real-time measurements for production monitoring, field surveillance, and production optimization. Multiphase flow metering solutions are enabling end users to save on the cost and space of production and test separators while simultaneously obtaining more real-time flow measurements. This provides real-time visibility, greater operational agility, and flexibility to adapt to changing flow regimes characteristic of mature oil and gas wells.
"Virtual flow metering solutions are seen as a less expensive complement to multiphase flow metering solutions that ensure the validation of the MPFM and serve as a backup for an MPFM to ensure reliability and continuity in measurements. Virtual flow metering solutions are a useful tool for estimating real-time well flow rates, reducing the need for bulkier and often more expensive test separators, and will likely become viable replacements for multiphase flow metering solutions with advancements in AI and machine learning," according to Tim Shea, Senior Analyst and key author of ARC's Multiphase and Virtual Flow Metering Solutions Market Research.
Multiphase Flow Metering Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Solid Outlook in Demand for Multiphase Flow Metering Hardware Solutions
- Robust Outlook for Demand for Virtual Flow Metering Solutions
- Demand from the Subsea Market Will Outpace Other Project Locations
- Advancements in AI and Machine Learning Help Virtual Flow Metering Solutions Close Performance Gap
Leading Suppliers to the Multiphase Flow Metering Solutions Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Emerson Automation Solutions, Haimo Technologies, Pietro Fiorentini, Schlumberger, TechnipFMC.
About the Multiphase Flow Metering Solutions Research
The Multiphase and Virtual Flow Metering Solutions research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, five-year market forecasts, and five years of historical analysis. The segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Customer Type, Technology, Measurement Technology, Overall Scope, Project Location, Application-MPFM, Application-VFM, Measurement Configuration.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports, including up to five years of historical analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.