New ARC Advisory Group research reveals that sustainability and ESG initiatives are becoming increasingly important to industrial companies. Projects today must address capital and energy concerns, improve operational safety, meet sustainability and environmental goals, and manage controllability and yields. Advanced Process Control (APC) and Online Optimization technologies can help achieve these objectives. We are living through turbulent times – the waxing and waning pandemic and the unending Ukraine war are all affecting the market. Asset owners have pivoted from large capital, asset-intensive new builds and plant modifications to meeting sustainability objectives through energy optimization and operational safety projects.
"The market continues to develop ease of use, and investments in embedded Artificial Intelligence (AI) will dominate the future of APC. AI and machine learning play a role in improving model calibration and accuracy and providing operator guidance. AI and machine learning are built into the solutions and can help accelerate the ability to calibrate first principles models and create data-based models and processes quickly," according to Peter Reynolds, Contributing Analyst and key author of ARC's Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization Market Research Report.
Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Target Smaller APC Applications
- Shortage of APC Engineers
- Self-Tuning / Calibrating Models
- Ease of Use
- Dynamic Optimization to Improve Scheduling
- APC for Sustainability
- APC as a Subscription or SaaS Solution
- AI for Seed Models
Leading Suppliers to the Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Aspen Technology, AVEVA, Emerson Automation Solutions, Honeywell, Yokogawa.
About the Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization Research
The Advanced Process Control and Online Optimization report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five- year market forecasts and 5 years of historical analysis. The report segmentation includes Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Tier, Service Revenues by Type, Application.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Includes 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.