ARC Advisory Group’s new research in industrial cellular routers shows that the beginning of large-scale 5G deployment, promise of private cellular networks, and edge computing are reshaping the industrial cellular router market. With its high speed, low latency, and massive IoT device capacity, 5G connectivity holds immense potential for industrial applications. Current deployment is small, but will expand in future years as components become more widely available and highly anticipated 5G features enter the market. Private networks are a promising technology that offer enterprises greater control over their assets and data while increasing network reliability and uptime, but adoption has been slow as users grapple with the cost and complexity of these installations. Edge computing is increasingly a part of the value proposition of the industrial edge, and the processing power and edge computing capacity of industrial routers continues to increase.
"Cellular applications are migrating beyond service to remote access and backup network failover to increasing consideration as a primary communications medium. Ongoing improvements in 5G and private wireless networks are escalating the technology’s disruptive effect relative to alternatives. Cellular is the technology of choice for enabling increasingly important applications in personnel tracking and safety, empowering the remote expert and connected worker, and reducing the need for field service personnel. Cellular technology is also well-suited for use in the growing number of mobile, remote, and outdoor applications," according to Patrick Arnold, Research Analyst and key author of ARC's Industrial Cellular Routers Market Research.
Industrial Cellular Routers Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- Available Spectrum for Industrial Applications Increasing
- Edge Computing Capabilities Expanding
- Heightened Focus on Cybersecurity
- Router Function Expanding Beyond Data Transmission
- Shift Towards OpEx Pricing Structures
- Slower Than Expected Adoption of 5G and Private Wireless
- Suppliers Augmenting Offerings to Avoid Commoditization
Leading Suppliers to the Industrial Cellular Routers Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Advantech, Cisco, Cradlepoint, MultiTech, Sierra Wireless.
About the Industrial Cellular Routers Research
The Industrial Cellular Routers research explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts. The research segmentation includes Overall Scope, Revenue Category, World Region, Industry, Hardware by Cellular Technology, 5G Hardware by Release, Hardware by Configuration, Hardware by Network Ownership, Hardware by Primary Function, Installation Type, Hardware by CPU Type, Hardware by Operating System, Hardware by Edge to Cloud Integration, Hardware by Edge Computing Use, Hardware by Form Factor, Hardware by Environmental Rating, Hardware by C1 Div2 Rated, Hardware by Class 1 Division 2, Hardware by ATEX Rated, Hardware by IEC 61850-3 Rated, Hardware by EN50155 Rated, Sales Channel, Customer Type.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- MIRA Service: An annual subscription service that provides a unique online environment to each customer, together with all the necessary user interface apps and datasets. MIRA unlocks the full benefits of ARC’s time-tested market intelligence by leveraging the latest analytical tools and technologies to allow you to make more actionable, real-time business decisions. Interactive access to ARC’s qualitative analysis is displayed in context with up-to-date market data, allowing clients to develop customized views of the market to best suit their needs.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format provides executives, business unit managers, and other users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot, sold with Market Analysis Report PDF): A standard Excel Workbook, including base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate data, making it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Analysis Services section.