This Selection Guide will allow companies going through a warehouse management system supplier selection process to make quicker and better decisions.
ARC Return on Investment (ROI) research has demonstrated that warehouse management system (WMS) solutions often provide the single best solution for reducing the costs associated with distribution while simultaneously improving service. In fact, a WMS can serve as a platform for further savings that would be difficult to achieve without having this solution in place.
Part of the success of a WMS in driving cost savings and service improvements is based upon the maturity of this technology. In theory, this maturity should make supplier selection easier. In practice, WMS solutions exist on a complexity continuum spanning low cost solutions with limits on the depth of functionality provided, to highly functional, much higher cost solutions. Further, different suppliers have developed special domain expertise in specific industries. The potential business benefits and associated payback periods reflect these facts.
Warehouse Management System (WMS) Selection Strategic Issues
ARC has been researching the WMS market for decades and we know the issues:
- Functionality that supports all warehouse processes
- Warehouse optimization
- Understanding total cost of ownership
- Integration with business and material handling systems
- Native support for multiple forms of Automatic Identification
- Leveraging new technologies like Cloud, Social Media, and 3D Visualization
- Architectures based on object models
- Designs that maximize usability
- Reporting, event management, and analytic capabilities
- Implementation support and training
- Supplier long term viability
- Identify long term visions
- Separate leaders from followers
This ARC Selection Guide will help you select the best available warehouse management system to meet your needs now and in the future.
Warehouse Management System Selection Table of Contents
Technology Evaluation & Selection Criteria
- Business Goals
- Product or Solution Functions & Features
- Customer Support
- Service Requirements
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Application
- Market Shares by Industry
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.